Sunday, January 14, 2007

Switching Gears

Since my last few posts were about the shady behavior of Democrats, I figured it was time to switch gears. I do not want to typecast myself as someone who only complains about others and does not offer anything constructive. However, for the benefit of the people who do not know me very well, I want to offer an explanation on why my last few post were of the nature they were.

There is nothing in life that irritates me more than hypocrisy. For the last several years, all I have heard from the left has been how evil the right is and how if they were in power, things would be different. Well now the Democrats are in power and guess what? Things are pretty much the same. When it was decided that Nancy Pelosi would be the next speaker of the house she offered this gem of a quote: “Democrats intend to lead the most honest, the most open and the most ethical Congress in history.”

I think my last few post, as well as the many other examples I did not post, strongly suggest she may have over spoken just a little. Am I wrong?

In discussing this very topic a good friend of mine said something to the fact that you could fill a football stadium with all the shady behavior of Republicans. I do not deny this one bit. Just because I think that most of the Democrats are useless and corrupt doesn’t mean I do not also think the same of most Republicans. Again it is just that when you say something like “Democrats intend to lead the most honest, the most open and the most ethical Congress in history”, I am going to look real close to what you are doing and comment appropriately.

So for my next few posts I plan on taking a more constructive approach to addressing what is going on in our world. Such as how we fight the war on terror, how we win in Iraq, and how we can address our domestic needs. I look forward to the discussions it will bring.

Take care!

No comments: